Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"It goes without saying that you should never have more children than you have car windows." - Erma Bombeck


In my dream world I would have a van that has sliding doors on each side. The inside would be made of materials that I could open up the van and spray the entire contents out with a hose similar to a fire hose.

Okay, in my real dream I am not driving a van, but a cute little sports car that holds four people and is no more than two years old and matches the color of my hair. Oh wait. I had that car, a 1980 Firebird, when I was 18 years old. Time flies.

In the real world, my real world, I'm driving a giant 15 passenger van that cannot seem to keep clean. Maybe that's because I would do anything, and almost pay anything, to stay out of the back two benches. Scary stuff back there.
 "Onion rings in the car cushions do not improve with time."
-Erma Bombeck

6 comments:

  1. This made me laugh out loud. Love EB too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea!!!!!! Mine is white and messy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. White! That's another question. Why are most large vans white? Do they not look large enough? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I was just looking at adding those family stickers so people would quit asking me if I was a daycare. I refused to stop searching until I found a 15 passenger with rubber floors in it. I put it on a hill and hose it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Tudu, we have a 15 passenger with rubber flooring (it was previously used by a church as a pre-school bus). We LOVE it! Hubby literally parks it on a hill and hoses it out. Instantly removes all traces of...well, you know! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, man... I can soooo relate to this! LOL! :-D

    ReplyDelete